Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions apply to purchases at an SCP store. By ordering or purchasing via our stores you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you may not purchase goods or place an order via an SCP store. We advise all our customers to carefully read our Terms and Conditions before purchasing or placing an order, to avoid any inconvenience for either party.
If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team by email [email protected] or call 020 7739 1869.
Ordering & Purchasing
Prices and orders displayed in GBP. We are currently only able to process orders in GBP, if you are using a Euro or other currency account, you will be charged at the current exchange rate.
Goods are available to purchase from stock at an SCP store or they can be ordered in. Orders for product(s) made to a customer’s specification, will require a deposit of 50% of the value of the item, plus the delivery charge if applicable, on order confirmation. Once your order is available for dispatch, our customer services team will contact you to notify you that we will be processing the remaining balance. This will be processed against the credit card you gave us at the time of the order. If you wish to process the payment in any other way please contact our retail team who will be happy to advise you of the alternative methods available. [email protected] | 020 7749 7398
Order acceptance and the entry into the contract between you and SCP will take place on receipt of the 50% deposit, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order. Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your full payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the Terms & Conditions
If there are any problems with your order, you will be contacted by a member of our sales team.
We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time. We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure but, in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the store.
Amending your Order
If you wish to make any other changes to the order, such as adding or changing items, please email [email protected] or call 020 7739 1869 within 24hours. If the order has already been packaged and arrangements have been made for it to be sent out to you, we would request that you return the goods to us once they have been delivered.
Storing your Order
If you are unable to take delivery when the goods are ready for dispatch, we will store your order at our warehouse for up to four weeks free of charge. For further storage, you will be charged £25 per week. Please note that this only applies to large furniture and lighting, we cannot store orders of small items such as accessories.
- When your order is shipped from our warehouse, we will send you an dispatch confirmation email containing its tracking information.
- For products being delivered by our White Glove Delivery service (i.e. upholstery and select larger furniture items), you will be contacted in advance to arrange a convenient date to deliver your order.
- For pallet deliveries, the delivery driver will contact you on the day of delivery with an expected arrival time.
- Delivery can only be arranged once any outstanding balance has been settled.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to check that the items being delivered can fit through doors and staircases before you place the order.
- In the case of White Glove Delivery services, delivery to rooms higher than the second floor may incur additional fees.
- We cannot accept responsibility for goods that are undeliverable due to insufficient access for any reason including your absence at the arranged time of your delivery as notified to us by our delivery partner and you agree to pay any additional storage or delivery costs incurred due to these circumstances.
- If you have agreed a delivery date and slot, and you are out when we arrive, we can reschedule a delivery for the next available date. There will be a charge for the subsequent delivery, even if the first delivery was free.
- Changes to delivery address can be made in some cases but may be incur additional charges and/or delay delivery.
- The customer is responsible for inspecting the goods upon delivery.
- Any damage or faults must be reported to the delivery team and annotated on any paperwork at the point of delivery. SCP must be notified of any damaged products within 48 hours of delivery.
- Once goods have been delivered and signed for, the customer is liable for any subsequent damage or loss.
For further information regarding our delivery services, please click here.
SCP keep a large selection of products in stock. If a product is out of stock or is made to order, we will do our best to provide an accurate lead time upon order placement and confirmation. Please be aware that all lead times are approximate, and we cannot accept liability for any loss or inconvenience that may result from a delay.
Cancellation & Returns
All goods returned must be in an unused, perfect, and saleable condition with the original product packaging and instructions where appropriate. If the goods do not reach us in this condition, then your right to a full refund may be affected. Please click here for more information on how to return items.
- If you wish to cancel an order before it is dispatched, you may do so by contacting us at [email protected] or calling us on 020 7739 1869, within 48 hours. If the order has already been packaged and arrangements have been made for it to be sent out to you, we would request that you return the goods to us, once they have been delivered, at your cost.
- You have the right to return your goods within 14 days of purchasing them in store.
- Items that are unable to be cancelled or returned unless damaged or faulty include goods that have been specially made to order in a specific finish, colour or fabric, as per the customer’s specifications. These ‘Made to order’ items are defined as items that are specially produced based on a customer’s choice of finishes as ordered, and put into production as per these specifications. ‘Made to order’ items are also clearly labelled on the order confirmation.
- Other non-returnable items include flat-packed items that have been assembled, items where the seal has been broken, toiletries that have been opened, and perishable items.
- We will reimburse to you the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply, via the method used to pay for the original transaction.
Pricing and Payment
All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system.
You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, Solo and Delta.
We do our best to ensure that all prices displayed and quoted in store are up to date and current at all times. However, despite our best efforts, some may be incorrect. Please be assured however that as part of our order checking and dispatch processes we do verify our prices. In the event that the price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and still send you the product. In the event that the current price is higher than our stated price, we will contact you to discuss this. We do however reserve the right to withdraw the product from sale at the incorrect price and cancel your order.
Refusal of Transaction
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from the store. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from the store whether or not that product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or finish options; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
To be eligible to purchase products in store and lawfully enter into and form contracts under English law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information
- Be over 18 years of age
- Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us
- By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
Products sold as ‘ex-display’ or ‘clearance’ are sold with limited stock, therefore, on some occasions it may not be possible for us to fulfil orders when multiple orders are placed. Whilst we endeavour to keep our website up to date, we do not monitor it 24 hours a day so multiple sales of a single item that has few items remaining may occur. These items are sold on a first come, first served basis. If you have placed an order for a product which has sold out we will contact you as soon as possible and refund the value of the sold item.
Ex-display products, by their nature, have cosmetic damage or parts missing. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details about a products condition and quantity is correct and current.
Gift cards and e-gift cards expire 24 months from purchase.
Gift cards and e-gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
If the total order value is less than the value of the gift card or e-gift card, any balance will remain on the card and may be applied to future purchases, provided that the card has not expired.
If you return goods you have purchased using a gift card or e-gift card, the credit will be issued back to the gift card.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept a gift card or e-gift card which we deem to be tampered with, duplicated or which otherwise is suspected to be affected by fraud.
We reserve the right to amend the gift card and e-gift card terms and conditions from time to time, where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so.
To hire products for commercial purposes, such as photography shoots, please e-mail [email protected] or call our store on 020 7739 1869. We charge 25% of the retail value for product hires, with a minimum charge of £50.
All products that are used for commercial purposes, must be returned in an unused, perfect and saleable condition with the original product packaging and instructions where appropriate. If the goods do not reach us in a perfect and saleable condition and in their original packaging, then your right to a full refund may be affected.
Please note that the above terms and conditions apply to orders placed via an SCP store.