Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. As a user of the services provided by SCP and by using the SCP web site generally you agree to this use. When you purchase items from the SCP website you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
When you make a purchase from our website, we do collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. SCP complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
We reserve the right to keep all customer details on SCP’s ordering system and a paper copy at our Head Office until such a time we deem it suitable to destroy them. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure all information remains confidential.
We may use information you provide or is obtained by us:
- To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
- We may inform you (by e-mail, mail or otherwise) about products and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We will only do this if you have agreed by ticking the box ‘Would you like to receive the SCP Newsletter?’ provided when you are buying online on our web site.
- For the prevention and detection of fraud.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
If at a later date you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing information from SCP, you can instantly unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link on any of our email newsletters.
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- To employees and agents of SCP to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by SCP now or in the future.
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you. If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
We do appreciate that remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in combating possible fraudulent activity using your personal details.
It’s best to avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts, because if a criminal gains access to it, all your accounts could be at risk. Multiple passwords keep you safer.
When you set a password, it’s a good idea to use a mix of numbers and characters, and something that’s very personal to you. Most sites these days will set a minimum number of characters to use, but do avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.