The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. As a user of the services provided by SCP and by using the SCP web site generally you agree to this use. When you purchase items from the SCP website you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
We reserve the right to keep all customer details on SCP’s ordering system and a paper copy of your at our Head Office until such a time we deem it suitable to destroy them. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure all information remains confidential.
We may use information you provide or is obtained by us:
- To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
- We may inform you (by e-mail, mail or otherwise) about products and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We will only do this if you have agreed by ticking the box ‘Would you like to receive the SCPNewsletter?’ provided when you are buying online on our web site.
- For the prevention and detection of fraud.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
If at a later date you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing information from SCP, you can instantly unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link on any of our email newsletters.
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- To employees and agents of SCP to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you bySCP now or in the future.
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you. If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.